Friday, April 10, 2009

A recommendation

Should you find yourself out and about in the evening, having had only a light lunch, do not start your evening with manzanilla, proceed with a few glasses of other wines, eat some cheese and call it dinner, and then finish the evening off with a pilsner. Even if 1999 Puffeney Vin Jaune is involved, despite it's rare, brilliant combination of nutty oxidization and clear as a bell, bright as the Marfa lights qualities, it is not food and will not protect you from feeling a little bit ragged the next day if you haven't had much of anything to eat. Just some words of advice.

Anyway, my girl just cooked up some delicious scrambled eggs with spinach, and quinoa with toasted coriander, cumin, onions and parsely, so I'm feeling great. I do need to head down to the store to strategize with my man John, though, so this is a short 'sorry for not posting' post. Paris and Champagne adventures to start soon, I promise.

In the meantime, I would look out for the Illmatic review, it's ready to go and scheduled for 4:30pm EDT.

No comments: