Monday, March 3, 2008

Guided By Voices - I Am A Scientist

I post this for a few reasons:

1.) Bee Thousand is one of the great pop albums of the past 20 years
2.) My man David D was talking up the pending 1990's revival at work
3.) Earlier this evening I was checking out Pitchforkmedia's list of the top 100 albums of the '90's. [Disclaimer: I'm not a regular pitchfork reader. The website was left up on my computer and this piece looked interesting.]

Hope you enjoy some pop on a Monday morning.

2 comments:

Brooklynguy said...

i must have listened to this album about 500 times when it came out and then over the next year. more than once a day, really. so many great tunes, this one not even top 5 i would say. the amazing, but unfortunately title tractor rape chain my favorite on the album.

you have to admit though, isn't bob pollard a little bit of a douchebag with that leg kick and attitude? saw them several times in concert and that's his move. why, i ask...why the leg kick? can't it be enough just to write and play great rock tunes?

Joe Manekin said...

Tractor rape chain is one of my favorites as well, but unfortunately the only clip on youtube was of a live performance, shot at a weird angle.

I have not seen GBV live but as you probably know they are purportedly notoriously inconsistent. Guess it depends on how drunk the fellas get.